Monday, May 16, 2011

Presentation is Everything!










   
     Presentation is everything especially when you're a "trained chef."  Typically, this is a person most people trust because they know that he/she is trained to "prepare" and present a "plated" meal that looks as good as it tastes, right?  I swear... chefs must have nerves of steel! 
       Just for a moment, imagine this; you're a "trained chef"and for some bizarre reason, you screw up a meal, what's your excuse? (Maybe that's what chefs dream about in their nightmares?) 
     For me, when I have dinner guests and it comes time for me to make the garlic bread, I almost go into cardiac arrest hoping it will not burn.  For some reason, I can not wrap my mind around watching or even timing the bread....so that it doesn't burn! I tend to get so distracted with my guests, and inevitably it just happens..What's up with that? 
     Honestly, I've always been fascinated and thoroughly entertained by a chefs unique and artistic ability.  I myself am a "trained artist" and occasionally, I will screw up a piece of art work done on a canvas.  However,  my presentation isn't LIVE and presented to "hungry" people either. I can start over and no one will know any different and my final presentation is not about a bunch of people expecting and RELYING on my LIVE performance.  But for a chef...presentation is everything!



No comments:

Post a Comment