This summer has clearly been the "Summer of the Burger." However, at Pastamore we still have been cooking up some tasty dishes with our pasta. Pasta is a great summer dish because of its versatility. A pasta salad can be great on a hot summer day, and a hot pasta can be perfect at night when the temperatures fall. In this recipe, the flavor profile of a cold dish is used in a warm pasta. This warm caprese pasta is fresh, delicious, and light.
These pastas already have great flavors in them, so it is important to find complimentary flavor combinations that won't fight with the pasta. For a quick meal, using just a little bit of olive oil or one of our olive oil blends to top the pasta is a great solution. However, on nights where you have a little more time it is a great idea to be a little more adventurous. By thinking of flavor combinations that work with the flavors of the pasta one can create a fantastic dish that will impress your friends and family. Just remember to not overcook the pasta, and to not be afraid to try something new.
Ingredients: Servings: 4
1 12oz package - Pastamore Sweet Basil Linguini
6 - Roma tomatoes (diced 1/4" x 1/4")
4-5 oz - Fresh mozzarella cheese (diced 1/4" x 1/4")
2 oz - Extra virgin olive oil
To taste - salt and black pepper
For garnish - fresh basil
1. Fill a large pot with water and place on the stove (minimum 1 gallon). Bring to a boil.
2. While the water is heating on the stove dice the tomatoes and the fresh mozzarella cheese. Place to the side.
3. When the water has reached a boil add the Pastamore Sweet Basil Linguini. Cook for 3-6 minutes until the pasta is al dente. Our pasta cooks faster than the majority of dry pastas found in the store. Do not doubt the cooking time, as the pasta will be greatly effected by being overcooked.
4. When the pasta is done, strain the pasta to remove the water. Remove the pot from the heat and turn off the stove. Do not shake the strainer as you want to keep some of the water that is on the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot that it was cooked it and add the extra virgin olive oil. Mix well.
5. Once the evoo is mixed into the pasta add the fresh tomatoes and fresh mozzarella and mix. Season with salt to taste. Serve.
There are only a few ingredients for this recipe, but the dish is very flavorful. Just the way dishes should be, simple, delicious, and healthy.