Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Recipe Winner!!!

     Recently, one of our customers submitted a fabulous recipe.  We thought it was excellent and wanted to share it with our friends.  Thanks Tanjia, you are February's recipe contest winner! 

     "I am LOVING the stuff I bought from you all! I wanted to share a recipe that I recently won my family over with - a stir fry made with your amazing Meyer Lemon Olive Oil  & ingredients from our weekly delivered Farm Fresh to You farm box :)       
 (https://www.facebook.com/farmfreshtoyou)" 


CHICKEN and FARM FRESH VEGGIES over RICE
Submitted by: Tanjia Fancher
The cabbage, spinach and kale made it burst with flavor & the meyer lemon oil added a very different yet subtle flavor.


Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves, minced
shallots
mushrooms, sliced
carrot, sliced 
1 cup broccoli
Kale
Spinach
Cabbage
Scallions
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs

Sauce:
soy sauce
tamari  tamari
cooking sherry
A tiny bit of hot chili infused sesame oil 
Pastamore Meyer Lemon Oil 
Tad bit of agave syrup 
Pinch of smoked salt

Sauce Directions: I made a sauce from 2 parts soy sauce, 1 part tamari tamari, 1 part cooking sherry, tiny bit of hot chili infused sesame oil, 1 part of your Meyer Lemon olive oil, tad bit of agave syrup and a pinch of smoked salt.

Directions:  I cooked the veggies (garlic, shallots, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, kale, spinach, cabbage & scallions) until just tender and set them aside. I cooked some boneless, skinless chicken thigh pieces until done, replaced veggies back into pan with chicken and stirred in my sauce mix. I cooked all together over med-high until sauce reduced and thickened a bit. Made some organic brown jasmine rice and enjoyed immensely!!!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much. I loved that you left the recipe as I wrote it - without specific measurements :) That's how I generally cook, so writing one of my creations into recipe format is a bit of a challenge at times. I am excited to be your winner!

    Thanks
    Tanjia Fancher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your submission!!! It's your recipe and it is excellent.

    ReplyDelete