Monday, November 1, 2010

MahiMahi Tacos

Recently, I was invited to a dinner party and heard the hosts were making "Tacos."  I would soon discover that my idea of tacos and the hosts idea of tacos were on two different planets. Before arriving my mouth was watering and my brain was thinking "spicy hamburger, quacamole, cheese, picante sauce, sour cream and iceberg lettuce....yum." Upon arrival, I was informed that we would be eating "Fish" tacos topped with cabbage and a picco de gallo salsa, my mouth went dry and my brain was thinking "hmmm, whose idea was this anyway, they must be on a diet!"  When the time came to eat the meal, I'll admit, I was a bit fearful of offending the hosts, so I did the "good guest" trick and...lied about how delicious it looked, as I took the smallest taco on the platter....not expecting to enjoy it much.  My first bite wasn't too bad, different.  I ended up eating 2 more "Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos" And I have to admit...they were downright delicious and a healthy way to eat.  I had to get the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment