One thing we get asked all the time is....what can balsamic vinegar be used for besides salads and desserts? Well my friends, we have been grilling up some very flavorful meals using balsamic vinegar. This recipe uses a fig balsamic to marinate the meat.
Fig Balsamic Marinated Rib Eye Steak with Green Beans
4 - Ribeye steaks
2 Tbsp - Pastamore Fig Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp - vegetable oil
1 lb - fresh green beans
1/2 - medium onion, sliced
1.5 tsp - garlic, minced
1 lb - new potatoes
4 oz - milk
1 Tbsp - butter/olive oil/Pastamore Rosemary Dipping Oil
To taste - salt and black pepper
1. Rinse the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into quarters and place into a large pot.
Cover the potatoes with water, and place the pot on the stove over high heat. Cook until fork tender.
2. Place the steaks into a large zip top bag or onto a large dish. Cover with 1.5 Tbsp Pastamore Fig Balsamic Vinegar and 1 Tbsp vegetable oil. Mix until the steaks are evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper. Allow to marinate 10-15 minutes before cooking. Remove the stems from the green beans.
3. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
4. Place a large cast iron skillet onto one side of the grill. Place the marinated steaks onto the grill. Add the sliced onions and green beans to the pan. Add a drizzle of vegetable oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes, and then add the minced garlic Cook the green beans until the they are tender and the onions are soft (10-15 minutes). Season the green beans with salt and black pepper. Grill the steak until the desired doneness is reached. Remove the green beans and steak from the grill. Allow the steaks to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
5. Drain the potatoes in a colander, reserving a little of the cooking liquid. Return the potatoes to the pot that they were cooked in, and add the 1/2 cup of milk and 1 Tbsp of butter/olive oil/Pastamore Rosemary Dipping Oil. Mash using a potato masher. Season with salt and pepper, and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
6. Plate the mashed potatoes, the steak, the green beans, and then finish the plate
with a drizzle of Pastamore Fig Balsamic Vinegar.